Trees are a great investment. Trees enhance the landscape and increase the resale value of a property. Landscaping plays a big part in a home appraisals and the sale of a property. A large part of the landscaping value is attributed to the choice and maturity of the trees you have. Reason being, trees get larger and more valuable with time. Take for example a 5 gallon queen palm tree. It will take that Queen Palm an additional 4 years to mature into a nice size tree.. The value added to the property, in the case of the mature Queen Palm, is approximately $800 dollars. Here is a breakdown of costs involved.
Purchase and Plant a 5 gallon Queen Palm
- Cost to purchase 5 Gallon Queen Palm = $15
- Cost to plant 5 Gallon Queen Palm = $10
- Cost to deliver 5 gallon Queen Palm = $0
- Cost to water and fertilize for 4 years = $56 ( $14yr x 4yrs)
- Total investment after 4 years = $81
Purchase and Plant an equivalent Queen Palm
- Cost to purchase 36” Box Queen Palm = $420
- Cost to plant 36” Box Queen Palm = $350
- Cost to deliver 36” Box Queen Palm = $120
- Total = $810
$810 / $81 = 1000% return on your investment in just 4 years.